Keep In Touch

Follow Mariahalse on Twitter Follow Mariahalse on Pinterest Follow Mariahalse on Instagram

Thursday 10 May 2012

ShopStyle review

Shopstyle is a super massive clothes shopping search engine that makes it easy to save favourite items, put together looks using a special widget and receive personalised sale alerts for your favourite stores or products.

The iPad app is brill and quickly became my nighttime feeding app of choice, allowing me to swish swish swish through rails of clothes and hearting those I like and may consider buying when I have a flatter stomach... and plenty of cash!

You can search by keywords and filter for size, price or store allowing you to discover new brands and dream of beautiful dresses floating into your inbox as a sale alert.

Some of my favourites on the Shop Style iPad app (all the affordable items are sold out!)
Topshop, Office, Miu Miu... beautiful clothes and shoes all around, though it lacks some of our favourites such as H&M, Zara, American Apparel, Polarn O Pyret... I was informed that these stores have very limited, protected online shopping.

On the ShopStyle website their Stylebook widget is lots of fun to play with (I found it difficult to enlarge and choose products on the iPad but it was still doable) and can create looks that you can save and share.

Putting together a Springtime look on the ShopStyle website 
It's also fun to browse other people's 'looks' that they've created and rate them with 1, 2 or 3 stars! 

Browse through other people's looks using ShopStyle found products

I purchased a few bits for Leon including a coat from Peacocks- I've never bought anything there before but I saw a duffel coat for £15 and I thought it was a bargain! (This was in November...) The app took me to the retailer's website and paying was easy - the product arrived within a couple of days- super speedy. I must admit I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the coat and the material felt more like a thick jumper- the sizing was also a bit off- 2 reasons why I'm not an avid online shopper- BUT I didn't return it and it's been worn to death so all in all a very good purchase!

It's a brilliant app but I'd like to see more ways to personalise the shopping experience for example having a few favourite stores instead of having to scroll through the extensive list of stores. There are many brands and stores I haven't heard of so am discovering a few gems. I'd rather save those I like in a separate stream allowing easier viewing for next time!

**Warning: ShopStyle will make you want to go back to work to earn lots of dollar to pay for beautiful clothes**

2 comments:

  1. Shopstyle annoys me in that 99.9% of the time items are an a stores website and they are not on the shopstyle site which makes it a lot less useful than it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like this site because their shipping is very bad and on the other side fsession.com is much better so why i go through with shopstyle?

    ReplyDelete